Books and fashion, press and music. Games, TV, radio and film. Cultural events, galleries, architecture and design. United in diversity ...
The Coalition Culture and Creative Industries in Germany (k3d) is an open alliance of leading private-sector interest groups - it sees itself as a competent mouthpiece of the key industry for social and economic change.
As an agile initiator for politics and government at federal, state and EU level, it develops overarching positions, statements, and demands on cultural, media and economic policy issues.
The actors of the cultural and creative industries (CCIs) represented by the coalition's associations are the relevant engine for creativity, innovation, productivity, and economic growth in Germany and at the same time a guarantor for democracy, diversity and social cohesion.
The k3d is borne by the understanding that it also exchanges information with other market participants and thus reflects the view of the industry players as a whole, depending on the situation. It has no fixed association structure and does not aspire to the position of an umbrella organisation. Rather, common issues are jointly presented to the outside world, with each association primarily representing the interests of its members and speaking on their behalf.
- Create an exposed responsibility for the CCI in the next federal government that does not refer from one ministry to another, but rather bundles and catalyses forces and ensures coordination at a federal and European level.
- Institutionalise a regular and consistent political exchange with the CCI on current challenges and the design of all framework conditions relevant to the sector. Organise a high-level meeting with representatives of the federal government at least once a year.
- Involvement of k3d in the necessary relaunch of the competence centre of the cultural and creative industries as well as in concrete measures to strengthen the economic sector (e.g., Creative KIC Germany).
- Concrete support for the revitalisation of the CCI after the Corona crisis. This includes the revitalisation of inner cities and plans for the relaunch of the cultural events business.
- In addition, a burden moratorium is unavoidable. In principle, every legislative and regulatory project should be reviewed regarding its impact on CCIs.
- Participation in the design of the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) measures (EU/federal government). The stakeholder dialogue announced in the German Recovery and Resilience Plan (DARP) must also include k3d.
- Establishment of a fair digital marketplace at national and European level, so that a level playing field is created for the CCI sectors - also in competition with the powerful global online platforms.
Who is the k3d?
The initiators of k3d come from the audio-visual industry, book, design, galleries, press, fashion, music and cultural event industries and are currently represented by the following associations:
Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V.
The two umbrella organisations in the Coalition Cultural and Creative Industries in Germany, the Deutsche Designtag e.V. (DT) and the Spitzenorganisation der Filmwirtschaft e.V. (SPIO), also represent their member organisations. These include, among others: